This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1055 / 52°6'19"N
Longitude: -1.1817 / 1°10'54"W
OS Eastings: 456144
OS Northings: 245551
OS Grid: SP561455
Mapcode National: GBR 8TS.VFZ
Mapcode Global: VHCW4.GBNT
Entry Name: Rectory Farmhouse and Stables
Listing Date: 4 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1040427
English Heritage Legacy ID: 234202
Location: Sulgrave, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, OX17
District: South Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Sulgrave
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Sulgrave St James the Less
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
SULGRAVE LITTLE STREET
SP54NE (South side)
4/173 Rectory Farmhouse and stables
House. C17 enlarged and remodelled early C18. Coursed limestone rubble; thatch
roof, brick and stone stacks. L-plan. 2 storeys and-attic, 2 bays. Doorway in
left bay has wood lintel, 4-panel door and arched timber hood on brackets.
3-light casement window to right with wood lintel. Small 2-light casement window
with wood lintel in right bay on first floor. Large C19 two-light casement
window to lelt, with wood lintel of blocked window to left of it. Gabled wing
extending from left side, early C18, similar materials. 2 storeys and attic, one
bay. Has 3-light windows with wood lintels and old iron casements on both
floors. Interior: Set of stop chamfered beams. Stables adjoining left wing at
rear probably C18, partly rebuilt in brick C19. Slate roof. Plank stable doors
with wood lintels facing farmyard.
Listing NGR: SP5614445551
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings