This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.1464 / 52°8'46"N
Longitude: -1.2093 / 1°12'33"W
OS Eastings: 454199
OS Northings: 250080
OS Grid: SP541500
Mapcode National: GBR 8TC.F28
Mapcode Global: VHCVY.090Y
Entry Name: Tudor Cottage tudor House
Listing Date: 4 February 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1040475
English Heritage Legacy ID: 234116
Location: Eydon, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN11
District: South Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Eydon
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Eydon St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
EYDON SCHOOL LANE
SP5450 (North side)
8/87 Tudor House and No. 4 (Tudor
House and cottage. C16/C17. House to right, squared coursed ironstone,
artificial stone slate roof, flanking brick and stone stacks. 2 storeys and
attic, 3 bays. Gabled central porch, 2 storeys and attic, has entrance with
4-centred stone arch and square hood. Inner doorway has moulded 4-centred arch
and C16/C17 ribbed plank door. 3-light window to left with square hood, wood
mullions and old iron casement. Similar window to right, with wood lintel.
3-light stone mullioned windows with stone hoods on first floor, Porch has
2-.light stone mullioned window to attic. Coped gable ends with kneelers 3-light
wood-mullioned window with stone hood to ground floor on'right side. 3-light
stone mullioned window to first floor and similar 2-light window to attic.
Cottage to left, now part of "Tudor House" kate C17. Squared coursed ironstone.
tiled roof, brick and stone stacks. 2 storeys, 4 bays. Entrance in left bay has
segmental stone arch and ridged plank door. Two 3-light casement windows to
right with wood lintels. One-light window with wood lintel in right bay. Similar
window in right bay on first floor. Other first floor windows are 2-light with
wood lintels. Interior: Tudor House has set of chamfered beams on both floors.
Tudor House was used as a Puublic House (known as "The Blackmoor's Head) until
c.1878, when it became the village Reading Room.
Listing NGR: SP5419950080
Other nearby listed buildings