History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Mulso Arms Public House and Barns Attached to North West and South West

A Grade II Listed Building in Finedon, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3363 / 52°20'10"N

Longitude: -0.6568 / 0°39'24"W

OS Eastings: 491614

OS Northings: 271759

OS Grid: SP916717

Mapcode National: GBR DY2.GRP

Mapcode Global: VHFP5.KJMV

Entry Name: Mulso Arms Public House and Barns Attached to North West and South West

Listing Date: 9 June 1970

Last Amended: 12 March 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1040641

English Heritage Legacy ID: 233705

Location: Finedon, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN9

County: Northamptonshire

District: Wellingborough

Civil Parish: Finedon

Built-Up Area: Finedon

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Finedon St Mary the Virgin

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Finedon

Listing Text

FINEDON WELLINGBOROUGH ROAD
SP9171 (North side)
7/53 Mulso Arms Public House and
09/06/70 barns attached to NW and SW
(Formerly listed as Mulso Arms
Public House (inscribed with
name Elm Grange) and barns and
outhouses at Mulso Arms P.H.)
- II

Farmhouse, now public house. Probably early C19 with datestones S/RM/1756 and
V/68/R; the latter records alterations of 1868 for William Mackworth-Dolben.
Regular coursed ironstone with C20 plain tile roof. 0riginally probably 3-unit
plan. 2 storeys. 3-window range of 2- and 3-light C19 stone mullion windows,
some with leaded lights. Central C20 door has C19 moulded stone surround with
4-centred head. Small projecting gable with finial to left of entrance and small
gables over other first floor windows. 2-window range to right has first floor
casements with wood lintels arid a lower eaves line. Ashlar gable parapets and
kneelers with brick stack at ridge and stone stack at end. Inscription "Elm
Grange" on lelt gable has 1868 datestone above. Initials W.H. and M.D. in other
gables. Central C18 wing to rear. C18 barns attached to either side of rear
elevation, that abutting Wellingborough Road has datestone 1756. Interior has
some chamfered beams and open fireplace.


Listing NGR: SP9161471759

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.