History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

25-31, the Green

A Grade II Listed Building in Deanshanger, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.0491 / 52°2'56"N

Longitude: -0.8859 / 0°53'9"W

OS Eastings: 476494

OS Northings: 239549

OS Grid: SP764395

Mapcode National: GBR BYL.JTV

Mapcode Global: VHDSY.LRHK

Entry Name: 25-31, the Green

Listing Date: 29 June 1973

Last Amended: 18 May 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1040816

English Heritage Legacy ID: 235265

Location: Deanshanger, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, MK19

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Deanshanger

Built-Up Area: Deanshanger

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Passenham with Old Stratford with Deanshanger

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Potterspury

Listing Text

DEANSHANGER THE GREEN
SP7639 (North side)
18/28 Nos.25-31 (odd)
29/06/73 (Formerly listed as Carpenters
Charity Houses)

GV II

Row of cottages formerly almshouses. Dated 1823 with C20 alterations. Coursed
squared limestone, hipped slate roof, brick ridge stacks. C20 doors to left and
right of centre and to far left and right all with one side-light and hood
moulds. 3-light casement winmdows to ground floor with hood moulds and
semi-circular windows to 1st floor with keyblocks. Ends have blank semi-circular
window to 1st floor with keyblock. Overhanging eaves. Interior not inspected.
Formerly Carpenters Charity Houses. The original almshouses were founded by
Anthony Carpenter in 1642. Present doors were all formerly windows; original
entrances were to rear.


Listing NGR: SP7649439549

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.