History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Rectory Farmhouse and Attached Outbuilding and Barn

A Grade II Listed Building in Maidford, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1664 / 52°9'59"N

Longitude: -1.1105 / 1°6'37"W

OS Eastings: 460935

OS Northings: 252390

OS Grid: SP609523

Mapcode National: GBR 9VM.230

Mapcode Global: VHCVS.PTS2

Entry Name: Rectory Farmhouse and Attached Outbuilding and Barn

Listing Date: 14 December 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1040880

English Heritage Legacy ID: 235118

Location: Maidford, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN12

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Maidford

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Maidford St Peter and St Paul

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Maidford

Listing Text

MAIDFORD LONGWELL
SP65SW (South side)
2/99 Rectory Farmhouse and attached
outbuilding and barn

- II

House, formerly farmhouse. Early C17, probably re-roofed 1777, with mid C19 and
C20 alterations. Coursed squared ironstone, slate roof, stone end and ridge
stacks. 2 storeys and attic; 3-window range. Plank door to left of centre with
pegged wood surround and stop-chamfered wood lintel, approached by 3 stone
steps. 3-light leaded casement windows to ground and first floors with
stop-chamfered wood lintels and old catches. 2-light wood mullion-cellar window
to far right, plinth and quoins. 3-bay attached outbuilding to rear left,
probably brewhouse, between house and attached 3-bay barn with tie and collar
beam trusses. Interior: cross beam ceiling with ogee stops; open fireplace with
cambered ogee-stop-chamfered bressumer. Another open fireplace with
ogee-stop-chamfered bressumer; stone flagged floors; fitted cupboard with shaped
shelves; stone cellar; winder stair. Pencil inscription found behind old
wallpaper dated 1868 and signed Brown & Son, Blakesley. Roof timber dated 1777.


Listing NGR: SP6093552390

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.