History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Walnut Farm House

A Grade II Listed Building in Blakesley, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1486 / 52°8'55"N

Longitude: -1.0848 / 1°5'5"W

OS Eastings: 462719

OS Northings: 250434

OS Grid: SP627504

Mapcode National: GBR 9VV.8KX

Mapcode Global: VHCW0.48W5

Entry Name: Walnut Farm House

Listing Date: 1 December 1951

Last Amended: 14 December 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1040895

English Heritage Legacy ID: 235052

Location: Blakesley, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN12

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Blakesley

Built-Up Area: Blakesley

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Blakesley St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Maidford

Listing Text

BLAKESLEY CHURCH STREET
SP6250 (East side)
10/34 No.12a (Walnut Farm House)
01/12/51 (Formerly listed as building,
now used as stables
immediately North-East of
Vicarage)

GV II

House. Dated 1689, renovated C20. Coursed ironstone rubble with limestone
dressings, old plain-tile roof. 2-unit plan. 2-storey, 5-window range. Central
6-panel door with timber lintel. 2-light C20 casement windows to ground and
first floors with timber lintels. Gable ends have 2-light flat-faced stone
mullion leaded windows with moulded sills and surrounds and circular window in
gable with moulded stone surround. Similar 2-light windows to rear elevation
facing churchyard. Plinth, quoins, storey band, moulded stone eaves and
stone-coped gables with kneelers, all of limestone. Interior noted as having
open fireplace with stop-chamfered bressumer and stop-chamfered spine beam. Long
used as an outbuilding, formerly perhaps school house. Datestone inscribed
TP/1689 has been removed from exterior and placed inside.
(Buildings of England: Northamptonshire, p.107).


Listing NGR: SP6271950434

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.