This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1477 / 52°8'51"N
Longitude: -1.0878 / 1°5'15"W
OS Eastings: 462517
OS Northings: 250322
OS Grid: SP625503
Mapcode National: GBR 9VV.7TY
Mapcode Global: VHCW0.389Y
Entry Name: Number 2 and 3 and Attached Outhouse
Listing Date: 1 December 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1040902
English Heritage Legacy ID: 235068
Location: Blakesley, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN12
District: South Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Blakesley
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Blakesley St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
BLAKESLEY THE GREEN
SP6250 (North side)
10/49 Nos.2 and 3 and attached
(Formerly listed as House at
W end of The Green, immed.W of
School House on N side of road
and occupied by Mrs. Martin)
House (No.3). c.1800. Coursed squared ironstone, slate roof, stone end stacks.
Central 5-panel door with fanlight and stone surround with Doric pilasters,
plain frieze and deep cornice. C19 horned sash windows to ground floor with
flat-arched heads. Plinth, storey bands, moulded cornice with ball finials to
left and right ends and stone-coped gables. 2-storey, attached, outhouse to
right includes 3-bay stable and hayloft facing yard to rear. Slate roof.
Chamfered stone eaves and stone-coped gable. 2-storey, 2-window attached cottage
(No.2) to left balances outhouse and has central part-glazed door with timber
lintel; 3-light casement windows to ground and first floors. Slate roof and
brick end and ridge stacks. Chamfered stone eaves and stone-coped gable.
Probably built as the service cottage to No.3. Interior: No.3 has staircase hall
with open well staircase from ground floor to attic with stick balusters and
ramped and wreathed handrail. Fine 6-panel doors in moulded doorcases. Known as
The Lodge before 1914.
(P.B. Kingston, 'Blakesley Then and Now', 1983, p.9).
Listing NGR: SP6251750322
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings