History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stone Works Farmhouse and Attached Outbuilding

A Grade II Listed Building in Blisworth, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1698 / 52°10'11"N

Longitude: -0.934 / 0°56'2"W

OS Eastings: 473002

OS Northings: 252927

OS Grid: SP730529

Mapcode National: GBR BWZ.YH3

Mapcode Global: VHDSB.RQLH

Entry Name: Stone Works Farmhouse and Attached Outbuilding

Listing Date: 15 March 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1040980

English Heritage Legacy ID: 234855

Location: Blisworth, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN7

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Blisworth

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Blisworth St John the Baptist

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Blisworth

Listing Text

SP 75 SW BLISWORTH STOKE ROAD
(East side)
4/32 Stone Works Farmhouse and
attached outbuilding

GV II


Farmhouse. Early C19. Limestone ashlar, hipped slate roofs, brick rear lateral
stacks. L plan. 2-storey, 3-window range. Central 4-panel door with fanlight in
rusticated stone surround. 16-pane sash windows to ground and 1st floors with
stone lintels and keyblocks. Plinth, storey band, moulded stone eaves and
blocking cornice. Central bay breaks forward and has pediment with inscription
BLISWORTH/STONE WORKS. Single-storey, 5-bay wing to right with central C20 door
in porch with Tuscan columns and plain entablature. Windows are flanked by plain
pilasters and have segmental-arched heads and raised keyblocks. Imposts band and
moulded stone eaves. 2-storey wing to rear left, possibly extension has sash
window and C20 door and other C20 windows. Attached single-storey L-plan
outbuilding has hipped slate roof and is open to yard to rear of house on Greek
Doric columns. Interior not inspected. Blisworth stone quarry was opened in 1821
and formed part of the Northamptonshire estates of the Dukes of Grafton.


Listing NGR: SP7300252927

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.