History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Eastcote House

A Grade II Listed Building in Pattishall, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.181 / 52°10'51"N

Longitude: -1.0073 / 1°0'26"W

OS Eastings: 467968

OS Northings: 254099

OS Grid: SP679540

Mapcode National: GBR 9VK.B3J

Mapcode Global: VHDS9.HF9X

Entry Name: Eastcote House

Listing Date: 10 October 1986

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1041028

English Heritage Legacy ID: 234777

Location: Pattishall, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN12

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Pattishall

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Pattishall

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Pattishall

Listing Text

PATTISHALL BIRDS HILL
SP65SE (North side)
Eastcote
7/146 Nos.1 and 2 (Eastcote House)
10/10/86

GV II


County house, now divided in two. Dated 1796, altered late C19. Ironstone
ashlar, slate roof, stone end and ridge stacks, flues of end stacks rebuilt in
blue brick, Central-staircase plan. 3-storey, 3-window range. Central C19 glazed
door with sidelights in late C19 timber porch with moulded cornice extending
over canted bay windows to left and right. 12-pane sash windws to 1st floor left
and right. 'French' window to 1st floor centre over porch and C19 sash windows
to attic floor; all with stone lintels and key blocks, Central bay breaks
forward and has pediment framing coat-of-arms with side scrolls. Moulded stone
cornice and plain stone-coped parapet. lead rainwater head to left side
inscribed P/TS/1796, Slightly lower, 3-stormy, 1-window former service wing to
right has plank door and 3-light leaded casement windows, all with
segmental-arched heads; chamfered stone eaves and stone-coped gable, Interior:
Open-well staircase with slender turned balusters, carved tread ends, ramped and
wreathed handrail and column newels; serves all floors, Stone cellar, old
kitchen has open fireplace with chamfered bressumer and stone-flagged floor.


Listing NGR: SP6796854099

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.