History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Hunt House

A Grade II Listed Building in Paulerspury, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1035 / 52°6'12"N

Longitude: -0.9495 / 0°56'58"W

OS Eastings: 472051

OS Northings: 245540

OS Grid: SP720455

Mapcode National: GBR BXY.0SM

Mapcode Global: VHDSQ.HDF9

Entry Name: The Hunt House

Listing Date: 1 December 1951

Last Amended: 22 June 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1041111

English Heritage Legacy ID: 234556

Location: Paulerspury, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN12

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Paulerspury

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Paulerspury St James the Great

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Whittlebury

Listing Text

PAULERSPURY HIGH STREET
SP74NW (North side)
4/46 The Hunt House
01/12/51 (Formerly listed as Stable
House)

- II

Farmhouse, now offices. c.1840. Limestone ashlar with ironstone dressings,
hipped slate roof, brick internal stacks. Double-depth plan. 3-storey, 3-window
range. Central 6-panel door with ornamental overlight in stone surround, with
Ionic pilasters supporting entablature. 16-pane sash windows throughout with
ironstone sills, jambs and flat-arched heads. Chamfered quoins and bracketed
eaves. 2-storey wing to left and C20 extension to rear. Interior has open-well
staircase from ground to second floors with stick balusters, carved tread ends
and ramped mahogany handrail. Formerly the headquarters of the Grafton Hunt and
one of a set of estate buildings erected for the Duke of Grafton. It now houses
the Henry Royce Foundation.
(Buildings of England: Northamptonshire, p.371)


Listing NGR: SP7205145540

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.