This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1341 / 52°8'2"N
Longitude: -1.2731 / 1°16'23"W
OS Eastings: 449847
OS Northings: 248673
OS Grid: SP498486
Mapcode National: GBR 7S4.2YH
Mapcode Global: VHCVW.WM9B
Entry Name: Row of 4 Headstones Approximately 30 Metres West of West Door of Nave at Church of St Peter and St Paul
Listing Date: 22 May 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041167
English Heritage Legacy ID: 234385
Location: Chipping Warden and Edgcote, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, OX17
District: South Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Chipping Warden and Edgcote
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Warden St Peter and St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
CHIPPING WARDEN MILL LANE
SP44NE (West side)
4/114 Row of 4 headstones approx.
30m. N of W door of nave at
Church of St. Peter and St.
Row of 4 headstones. Late C17/C18. Limestone and ironstone. Left headstone (half
buried) has inscription plaque framed by columns surmounted by winged cherub's
head and segmental pediment. Fragmentary inscription. Headstone second from left
has round plaque framed by leaf scrolls and surmounted by head. Weathered
inscription, name and date not visible. Headstone second from right has
rectangular plaque framed by drapery and pendants of fruit, surmounted by winged
cherub's head. Dated 1706. Name not visible. Headstone to right has shield
shaped plaque framed by draperies surmounted by winged head. Weathered
inscription, no name or date visible. In poor condition and leaning at 45
Listing NGR: SP4984748673
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings