This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.2332 / 55°13'59"N
Longitude: -2.1006 / 2°6'2"W
OS Eastings: 393700
OS Northings: 593226
OS Grid: NY937932
Mapcode National: GBR F7SX.0V
Mapcode Global: WHB10.PQXJ
Entry Name: The Coach House
Listing Date: 21 October 1953
Last Amended: 29 May 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041232
English Heritage Legacy ID: 236249
Location: Elsdon, Northumberland, NE19
Civil Parish: Elsdon
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Elsdon St Cuthbert
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
19/10 The Coach House
formerly listed as
21.10.53 premises abutting
and to south of
House. Originally a coachouse to the Crown (q.v.). Early C18, converted to
house and raised to 2 storeys a little later. Lower storey roughly-dressed
stone, upper storey dressed stone. Graduated slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays.
Central boarded door with margined overlight between 2 blocked segmental arches.
To left of door a sash window; to right a small canted bay window with stone
pent roof. 1st floor band. 3 sash windows above. Very steeply-pitched roof
with reverse-stepped gables and banded end stacks.
Listing NGR: NY9369793224
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings