This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.1298 / 55°7'47"N
Longitude: -1.5923 / 1°35'32"W
OS Eastings: 426093
OS Northings: 581790
OS Grid: NZ260817
Mapcode National: GBR K9B3.2X
Mapcode Global: WHC2Z.HBZ8
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 18 October 1949
Last Amended: 18 December 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041401
English Heritage Legacy ID: 235936
Location: West Bedlington, Northumberland, NE22
Civil Parish: West Bedlington
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Bedlington St Cuthbert
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NZ 2681 NW
FRONT STREET EAST
The Old Vicarage
(Formerly listed as the Vicarage)
Vicarage, now private house. 1835 with earlier C18 predecessor relegated to
use as service wing. Squared tooled stone with cut stone dressings and eaves
cornice, wing rubble; Welsh slate roofs. Entrance front 2 storeys, 3 bays,
symmetrical. Plinth. Central half-glazed double doors with paired casement
overlight; small-paned sash windows recently replaced by C20 glazing. Eaves
cornice with paired moulded brackets; hipped roof with reduced ridge stacks.
To left L-plan wing, each part of 3 bays, with 12-pane sashes, hip-ended roof
and corniced ridge stacks.
Right return of main block shows tripartite sash stair window; rear elevation
shows 2 tripartite sashes to ground floor beneath segmental relieving arches,
with three 20-pane sashes to 1st floor.
Interior: open-well stair with stick balusters.
Listing NGR: NZ2609381790
Other nearby listed buildings