This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.4049 / 55°24'17"N
Longitude: -1.7151 / 1°42'54"W
OS Eastings: 418138
OS Northings: 612363
OS Grid: NU181123
Mapcode National: GBR J5GY.HB
Mapcode Global: WHC1K.MDHW
Entry Name: Camphill Column
Listing Date: 25 August 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041409
English Heritage Legacy ID: 235859
Location: Alnwick, Northumberland, NE66
Civil Parish: Alnwick
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Alnwick
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NU 1812 6/34
Erected 1814 to commemorate the Peace of 1814, set on site of a British Camp.
Two steps to square base with inscriptions to Pitt, Wellington, Nelson and Henry
Collingwood Selby who built the monument. Tall column with high base, apparently
following 'Vitruvian' principles, and surmounted by a ball. All of stone, constructed
by John Hall, mason.
Listing NGR: NU1813812363
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings