This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 55.4129 / 55°24'46"N
Longitude: -1.7075 / 1°42'26"W
OS Eastings: 418618
OS Northings: 613258
OS Grid: NU186132
Mapcode National: GBR J5JV.4F
Mapcode Global: WHC1K.R63Q
Entry Name: St Michael's Pant
Listing Date: 20 February 1952
Last Amended: 25 August 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041464
English Heritage Legacy ID: 235786
Location: Alnwick, Northumberland, NE66
Civil Parish: Alnwick
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Alnwick
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
5330 MARKET STREET
St Michael's Pant
(Formerly listed under
St Michael's Lane).
NU 1813 SE 1/110 20.2.52.
In front of Nos 33 and 35. 1765. Built by Matthew Mills, designed by Mr. Bell.
'Gothick'. High square base with blind cusped pointer arch to each face and set
back angle buttresses with blind pointed arch and cusped finial on top of each
Moulded cornice with quatrefoil, blind tracery parapet. St Michael and Dragon
(the symbol of the Town) on top of traceried octagonal drum - lacks spear, carries
shield with a cross patonce. Worn gargoyle for water spout into large square trough.
Listing NGR: NU1861913256
Other nearby listed buildings