This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2285 / 52°13'42"N
Longitude: -0.8252 / 0°49'30"W
OS Eastings: 480333
OS Northings: 259576
OS Grid: SP803595
Mapcode National: GBR CXW.85T
Mapcode Global: VHDS6.N72Y
Entry Name: Lodge Framhouse
Listing Date: 3 May 1968
Last Amended: 6 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041566
English Heritage Legacy ID: 235539
Location: Little Houghton, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN7
District: South Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Little Houghton
Built-Up Area: Little Houghton
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Little Houghton St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
LITTLE HOUGHTON BEDFORD ROAD
SP8059 (South side)
11/139 No. 34 (Lodge Farmhouse)
03/05/68 (Formerly listed as Lodge
House, formerly farmhouse. Dated 1702, extended mid C18 altered C18. Coursed
squared ironstone banded with limestone, C20 pantile roof, stone ridge stack.
3-unit plan originally, now L plan. 2 storeys and attic; 4-window range. Central
gabled full-height stair turret with upright keyed oval window to attic floor
and datestone above inscribed M/1A/1702. 2-light casement windows to ground
floor right and 1st floor far right, a 1-light casement to 1st floor right, all
with wood lintels. Chamfered plinth, ironstone storey band, quoins and
stone-coped gables with kneelers. 2-storey-and-attic mid C18 wing projects to
left of centre, partly overlapping stair turret. Of coursed squared ironstone
and with hipped roof. Wing has 6-panel door in re-entrant angle, with overlight
and moulded stone surround and keyblock. 16-pane sash windows to ground and 1st
floors with moulded stone sills and surrounds with key blocks, except for narrow
8-pane sash above door with similar sill and surround. Wave-moulded stone eaves,
and brick lateral stack to left side with stone base. Interior: original block
has ogee-stop-chamfered spine beams and open fireplace with bressumer, and stone
cellar. Mid C18 wing has raised and fielded panelling to ground floor room and
fitted cupboard with round-arched coved head and shaped shelves.
(Buildings of England: Northamptonshire: 1973, p294)
Listing NGR: SP8033359576
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings