History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Old Wharf Farmhouse and Attached Outbuilding

A Grade II Listed Building in Yardley Gobion, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1005 / 52°6'1"N

Longitude: -0.882 / 0°52'55"W

OS Eastings: 476674

OS Northings: 245277

OS Grid: SP766452

Mapcode National: GBR BY0.CSL

Mapcode Global: VHDSR.NGKL

Entry Name: Old Wharf Farmhouse and Attached Outbuilding

Listing Date: 18 May 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1041626

English Heritage Legacy ID: 235378

Location: Yardley Gobion, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN12

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Yardley Gobion

Built-Up Area: Yardley Gobion

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Potterspury with Furtho and Yardley Gobion

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Potterspury

Listing Text

YARDLEY GOBION
SP74NE
4/142 Old Wharf Farmhouse and
attached outbuilding

- II

House, formerly farmhouse. Late C18, with C19 and C20 alterations. Rendered
brick, wood shingle roof, rendered brick end stacks. 2 storeys and attic;
3-window range. 3-unit plan. Central part-glazed plank door with stop-chamfered
wood lintel. 5-light C20 casement windows to ground floor left and right with
wood lintels. Old 3-light casement windows to 1st floor left and right and
similar 2-light casement to 1st floor centre, all with stop-chamfered wood
lintels. Lintels to 3-light casements to 1st floor and to ground floor left have
wood "keyblocks". Single-storey former outbuilding to left originally consisting
of 2-bay cart standing and granary above and small single-storey weigh-house to
right with lean-to slate roof. Interior: stop-chamfered spine beans and open
fireplace with bressumer. Old quarry tile floors. The building is said to have
also been a public house serving the wharf on the Grand Union Canal near which
it stands. The weigh-bridge of 1884 by Pooleys of Liverpool still exists.


Listing NGR: SP7667445277

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.