This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0838 / 52°5'1"N
Longitude: -0.8888 / 0°53'19"W
OS Eastings: 476236
OS Northings: 243412
OS Grid: SP762434
Mapcode National: GBR BY6.B2X
Mapcode Global: VHDSR.JWZD
Entry Name: United Reform Church
Listing Date: 17 June 1960
Last Amended: 18 May 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041649
English Heritage Legacy ID: 235333
Location: Potterspury, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN12
District: South Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Potterspury
Built-Up Area: Potterspury
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Potterspury with Furtho and Yardley Gobion
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
POTTERSPURY CHURCH END
SP7642 (West side)
15/96 United Reform Church
17/06/60 (Formerly listed as
Nonconformist chapel. Dated 1780 extended 1846. Coursed limestone rubble,
entrance front faced with red brick in Flemish bond with flared headers.
Plain-tile roof and brick end stack to left. 2-storey, 4-window range. 3-bay
chapel and 2-storey 1-window school-room extension of 1846. Pair of 6-panel
doors to left of centre. That furthest left gives access to former school-room
and has wood lintel and gabled hood on brackets. That to right gives access to
chapel and has pilastered wood surround. Plain frieze and cornice/hood. 2-light
windows to ground and 1st floors with segmental-arched heads and coloured glass
margin glazing. Limestone keyblock datestone to original middle 1st floor window
inscribed 1780. First floor window of school-room extension to far left has
similar keyblock inscribed 1846. Storey-band and corbelled brick eaves.
Interior; panelled gallery on thin wood Tuscan columns. Early/mid C18 pulpit
with panelled back and pediment to central section, Early C19 organ in Gothick
(Buildings of England Northamptonshire: 1973, p377)
Listing NGR: SP7623643412
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings