This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.3248 / 55°19'29"N
Longitude: -1.7756 / 1°46'32"W
OS Eastings: 414334
OS Northings: 603434
OS Grid: NU143034
Mapcode National: GBR J61W.C1
Mapcode Global: WHC1X.PFN9
Entry Name: Newmoor Hall
Listing Date: 21 October 1953
Last Amended: 15 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041854
English Heritage Legacy ID: 236827
Location: Longframlington, Northumberland, NE65
Civil Parish: Longframlington
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Longframlington with Brinkburn
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NU 10 SW
5/158 Newmoor Hall
as Newmoor House)
House, c.1720, incorporating earlier fabric. Interior altered c.1870 and again
c.1950 when rear wing was demolished. Front squared stone with cut dressings,
other elevations rubble; stone flag roof except for Welsh slates on kitchen
wing and stub of rear wing. Baroque style perhaps influenced by Vanbrugh.
2 storeys, 8 narrow bays. Chamfered plinth, rusticated quoins. Old flush-
panelled door in bay 4, in architrave between fluted pilasters carrying
pulvinated frieze and cornice. 12-pane sash windows in raised alternating-
block surrounds with broad stepped keystones. Coped gables on moulded
kneelers; stepped-and-corniced ridge and end stacks. Returns each show 2
small boarded attic windows; various blocked openings in lower part of right
return. Lower kitchen wing to left: 2 storeys, 2 wide bays; renewed 12-pane
sashes on right, blocked doorway and window. Coped left gable on moulded
kneelers, with truncated brick stack. Left return shows blocked stone-
surround window to 1st floor.
Rear elevation of house shows earlier massive squared masonry in lower courses
at left end, perhaps medieval.
Listing NGR: NU1433403434
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings