This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.3272 / 55°19'37"N
Longitude: -1.7414 / 1°44'28"W
OS Eastings: 416508
OS Northings: 603712
OS Grid: NU165037
Mapcode National: GBR J68V.S5
Mapcode Global: WHC1Y.7C1F
Entry Name: 4, Nelson Drive
Listing Date: 15 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041864
English Heritage Legacy ID: 236851
Location: Newton-on-the-Moor and Swarland, Northumberland, NE65
Civil Parish: Newton-on-the-Moor and Swarland
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Felton St Michael and All Angels
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NEWTON-ON-THE-MOOR NELSON DRIVE
NU 10 SE
6/182 No. 4
Bungalow. 1936 by M.P. Reavell for the Fountains Abbey Settlers Society.
Brick, rendered and colourwashed cream; flat felted roof. L-plan. Single
storey, 3 bays. Plinth. Centre bay has 2 steps up to door of four horizontal
panels, the topmost glazed, with window on right. Two small windows in right
bay; left bay set forward with window near left end. Flat roof with overhung
eaves; right-of-centre and left end stacks. Left return shows projecting
chimney breast with tiled offsets; windows to left and right. Right return
shows boarded door with window to right. Rear elevation shows large living-
room window,and small window to right, in centre bay; end bays have windows
set close to ends. All windows iron-framed casements with horizontal bars
and red tile sills.
The only surviving unaltered example of the smallest of the four types of
settlers' houses, and of modern movement design on such a small scale in
Listing NGR: NU1650803712
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings