This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.2952 / 55°17'42"N
Longitude: -1.7185 / 1°43'6"W
OS Eastings: 417973
OS Northings: 600156
OS Grid: NU179001
Mapcode National: GBR J7F6.RM
Mapcode Global: WHC24.K5WG
Entry Name: Garden Wall to East of Felton Park
Listing Date: 31 December 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041874
English Heritage Legacy ID: 236773
Location: Felton, Northumberland, NE65
Civil Parish: Felton
Built-Up Area: Felton (Northumberland)
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Felton St Michael and All Angels
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
FELTON FELTON PARK
NU 10 SE and NU 1800
6/104 and 12/104 Garden wall
to east of
31/12/69 Felton Park
Garden wall, later C18. Brick in irregular largely stretcher bond; cut stone
coping and dressings. Wall with flat coping, c.3.5 metres high, joins north-
east corner of front block of house and runs north then returns east alongside
road; boarded door close to corner in each part, that in roadside wall with
segmental rear arch and brick inscribed 'FB 1774' above. Various heating
ducts at rear of this section; beyond boarded double gates is an external
projection with furnace. Section beyond greenhouse (q.v.) has 2 old doors
made up of broad boards with moulded edges, in alternating-block surrounds,
and external pilaster buttresses. After short step northwards, the coping
is ramped down twice. Overall length c.250 metres, as far as straight-joint
with later wall, which is not of interest.
Altered C19 building at rear of wall near east end is not of special interest.
Listing NGR: NU1797300156
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings