This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.3368 / 55°20'12"N
Longitude: -1.5722 / 1°34'19"W
OS Eastings: 427237
OS Northings: 604828
OS Grid: NU272048
Mapcode National: GBR K6GQ.FQ
Mapcode Global: WHC20.T4J3
Entry Name: Boundary Marker in Lane at Rear of Number 6 the Coastguard Houses
Listing Date: 15 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041893
English Heritage Legacy ID: 236713
Location: Amble By the Sea, Northumberland, NE65
Civil Parish: Amble by the Sea
Built-Up Area: Amble
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Warkworth St Lawrence
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
AMBLE BAY VIEW
14/43 Boundary marker
in lane at rear
of No. 6 The
Harbour boundary marker, c.1837. Cast iron. Rectangular pillar with arched
top; raised letters WHC (Warkworth Harbour Commissioners) on south-east face.
Overall height 0.5 metre.
Listing NGR: NU2723704828
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings