This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.3335 / 55°20'0"N
Longitude: -1.585 / 1°35'5"W
OS Eastings: 426425
OS Northings: 604459
OS Grid: NU264044
Mapcode National: GBR K6CR.NX
Mapcode Global: WHC20.M6GM
Entry Name: The Dock Public House
Listing Date: 15 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041895
English Heritage Legacy ID: 236721
Location: Amble By the Sea, Northumberland, NE65
Civil Parish: Amble by the Sea
Built-Up Area: Amble
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Amble
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
AMBLE QUEEN STREET
13/53 The Dock
Public House, 1837. Tooled squared stone of near-ashlar quality; Welsh slate
roof with stacks rebuilt in brick on older brick bases. 2 storeys, 5 bays,
slightly irregular. Plinth. Pilaster at left end with moulded band and
capital. Wooden fascia board above ground-floor openings; moulded stone band
to lst-floor sills; eaves cornice. Panelled double doors at left end and in
bay 4, the latter with 2-pane overlight and narrow 2-pane sash immediately to
right; one 12-pane and two 16-pane sash windows; traces of blocked openings.
8-pane sashes to 1st floor. Coped left gable; ridge and right end stacks.
Part of the original planned development coeval with the harbour, built by
the contractors Sandersons.
Listing NGR: NU2642504459
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings