This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.48 / 55°28'48"N
Longitude: -1.7953 / 1°47'42"W
OS Eastings: 413037
OS Northings: 620706
OS Grid: NU130207
Mapcode National: GBR H5X2.3D
Mapcode Global: WHC14.DJB9
Entry Name: West Ditchburn Farmhouse
Listing Date: 25 August 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1041980
English Heritage Legacy ID: 236529
Location: Eglingham, Northumberland, NE66
Civil Parish: Eglingham
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Eglingham St Maurice
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
EGLINGHAM WEST DITCHBURN
NU 12 SW
2/186 West Ditchburn
House, largely mid-C18 perhaps incorporating earlier fabric; 2nd floor removed
c.1965. Squared stone with tooled quoins and dressings; C20 concrete-tile
roof and brick end stacks. South elevation 2 storeys, 5 bays, symmetrical.
Plinth, rusticated quoins. Central half-glazed 4-panel door in architrave
with pulvinated frieze and cornice; 4-pane sash windows in raised stone
surrounds. Rear elevation shows 12-pane sash windows, including arched stair
window with old moulded glazing bars and surround with keystone and imposts;
to left of stair window Newcastle Fire Company plaque.
Interior: Fielded-panel doors, panelled shutters. Open-well stair with
turned balusters, moulded newels, moulded ramped and wreathed handrail, and
shaped tread ends. Arches with keyed and panelled archivolts to lobbies at
head and foot of stair.
Two 1769 datestones (with initials/names Rich. & Eliz. Carr) on farmbuildings
north-east of the house probably relate to its construction or remodelling.
Listing NGR: NU1303720706
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings