This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.3759 / 55°22'33"N
Longitude: -1.7845 / 1°47'4"W
OS Eastings: 413752
OS Northings: 609122
OS Grid: NU137091
Mapcode National: GBR H6Z8.GQ
Mapcode Global: WHC1Q.K4FL
Entry Name: 3 Boundary Stones to North of Black Lough
Listing Date: 25 August 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042001
English Heritage Legacy ID: 236480
Location: Edlingham, Northumberland, NE66
Civil Parish: Edlingham
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Whittingham and Edlingham with Bolton Chapel
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NU 10 NW NU 13690913 EDLINGHAM SWINHOPE
14/138 3 boundary stones
to north of Black
3 boundary stones, C18 or early C19. Sandstone. Rectangular flat-topped stones
0.20 to 0.60 metre high. Western stone, partly hidden by rubble wall, has
incised 'S' on south, the central stone ' S ' and the eastern stone '
' S ' Each has incised 'P' on north.
The stones mark part of the Edlingham/Lemmington township boundary. William
Pawson purchased the Lemmingtm estate from the Fenwicks in 1825; the stones
may however be of C18 date with the Fenwick 'F' recut as a 'P'.
Listing NGR: NU1375209122
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings