This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.3164 / 55°18'59"N
Longitude: -1.8906 / 1°53'26"W
OS Eastings: 407042
OS Northings: 602487
OS Grid: NU070024
Mapcode National: GBR H67Z.H1
Mapcode Global: WHB0Q.XMWQ
Entry Name: Tumbleton Ram House on West of Debdon Burn at Foot of Tumbelton Dam
Listing Date: 25 August 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042035
English Heritage Legacy ID: 236353
Location: Cartington, Northumberland, NE65
Civil Parish: Cartington
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Upper Coquetdale
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
Tumbleton Ram House,
on west of Debdon
Burn at foot of
Pumphouse, c.1866 for Lord Armstrong. Rock-faced stone with rock-faced-and-
margined dressings; C20 corrugated iron roof. South elevation in 2 parts:
on left is gabled end of pumphouse with 3-light mullioned window and slit
above; boarded door on right return. Set back to right is lower structure
with doorway and two 2-light windows on right return; this supported a header
tank, removed at time of survey.
The hydraulic ram pumped spring water up to both a reservoir above Cragside
House (which provided domestic water supply and powered the main lift and
turbines operating kitchen and laundry equipment) and the conservatories etc.
at Cragside Park House (q.v.). Being restored at time of survey.
Listing NGR: NU0704502495
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings