This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.2453 / 55°14'42"N
Longitude: -1.7696 / 1°46'10"W
OS Eastings: 414743
OS Northings: 594586
OS Grid: NZ147945
Mapcode National: GBR J72S.NJ
Mapcode Global: WHC29.SFH8
Entry Name: The Old Vicarage
Listing Date: 20 October 1969
Last Amended: 30 January 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042098
English Heritage Legacy ID: 238321
Location: Longhorsley, Northumberland, NE65
Civil Parish: Longhorsley
Built-Up Area: Longhorsley
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Longhorsley St Helen
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NZ 19 SW
The Old Vicarage
20.10.69 (Formerly listed as
Former vicarage. Early C19. Squared tooled stone, slate roof. T-plan. 2
storeys + attics, 3 bays. Central rendered porch has French window with 2-pane
fanlight under elliptical arch, and flanking 9-pane fixed windows. To either
side 3-light mullioned windows hold late C19 sashes; late C19 sash windows to
1st floor, 3 gabled dormers with C20 casements above. Coped gables with moulded
kneelers, brick end stacks on stone bases. Set-back right 1-storey, 3-bay
section with stone ridge stack; lower l-bay extension to far right. Rear
elevation: central gabled stair wing shows 15-pane sash window with intersecting
glazing bars in round-arched head. To right and left extruded single-storey
canted projections: left has flush-panelled door flanked by small-oval lights,
right has 6-pane Yorkshire sash.
Described as "newly built" in 1826.
Listing NGR: NZ1474394586
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings