This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.6301 / 55°37'48"N
Longitude: -2.0898 / 2°5'23"W
OS Eastings: 394442
OS Northings: 637400
OS Grid: NT944374
Mapcode National: GBR F3VB.CL
Mapcode Global: WH9Z2.WR07
Entry Name: Gravestone of Louisa, Marchioness of Waterford, Circa 10 Yards West of Church of St Michael
Listing Date: 10 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042188
English Heritage Legacy ID: 238065
Location: Ford, Northumberland, TD15
Civil Parish: Ford
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Ford And Etal
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
Gravestone of Louisa,
Waterford, c.10 yards
west of Church of
Gravestone with cross. 1891 by G.F. Watts. At the back two kneeling angels
c.4 ft. high, holding a shield and wreath with the Waterford arms. The base of
this sculpture is inscribed:
For certain he hath seen all perfectness who among other
ladies hath seen her.
She walked with humbleness for her array. She was a creature
sent from heaven to stay.
In front of this a recumbent Celtic cross resting on 4 low walls. The arms of
the cross have angels, the centre a maze. The shaft is inscribed:
In loving memory of Louisa Ann, Widow of Henry,
3rd Marchioness of Waterford, Daughter of Lord Stuart de Rothesay.
Born 1818. Died at Ford where for many years she
lived honoured and beloved by all May 12th 1891.
Listing NGR: NT9444237400
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings