This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.6389 / 55°38'20"N
Longitude: -2.3238 / 2°19'25"W
OS Eastings: 379712
OS Northings: 638423
OS Grid: NT797384
Mapcode National: GBR D367.PF
Mapcode Global: WH8XV.8JNG
Entry Name: Church of St Cuthbert
Listing Date: 21 September 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042195
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237976
Location: Carham, Northumberland, TD12
Civil Parish: Carham
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Carham St Cuthbert
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NT 73 NE
7/9 Church of
Parish church. Nave 1790 by R. Hodgson Huntley. West tower and chancel added
and nave windows Gothicized, c.1870. Nave random rubble with ashlar dressings,
later work ashlar; Welsh slate roof. Nave, chancel, west tower/porch and
Castellated west tower has pointed doorway and paired lancet bell openings.
4-bay nave has rusticated quoins. Paired lancet windows. One-bay chancel
has east window of 3 stepped lancets.
Interior has C18 box pews, and choir stalls in the nave. Round C18 rere-
arches to nave windows. Open timber roof with scissor braces and king posts.
On chancel north wall monument to Anthony Compton, 1830, by Davies of Newcastle.
Listing NGR: NT7971238423
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings