This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.7101 / 55°42'36"N
Longitude: -1.9474 / 1°56'50"W
OS Eastings: 403405
OS Northings: 646296
OS Grid: NU034462
Mapcode National: GBR G2VD.6X
Mapcode Global: WH9YS.1QYY
Entry Name: Cattle Shelter Circa 400 Yards South East of East House
Listing Date: 11 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042241
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237881
Location: Ancroft, Northumberland, TD15
Civil Parish: Ancroft
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Ancroft St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NU 04 NW
7/28 Cattle shelter
Cattle shelter or field hemel. 1816 for G. & R. Turnbull. Dressed stone
with pantiled roof. Single storey, 3 bays, with 3 segmental arches. The
central voussoirs of the centre arch inscribed G & R T 1816.
Original roof timbers with collar-beam trusses and 2 rows of purlins. The
right end of the shelter is walled off with a boarded door and was probably
used as a feed store.
Listing NGR: NU0340546296
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings