This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.6504 / 55°39'1"N
Longitude: -1.9826 / 1°58'57"W
OS Eastings: 401192
OS Northings: 639649
OS Grid: NU011396
Mapcode National: GBR G3L3.KB
Mapcode Global: WH9Z4.J73P
Entry Name: Church of St John
Listing Date: 15 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042253
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237809
Location: Lowick, Northumberland, TD15
Civil Parish: Lowick
Built-Up Area: Lowick
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Lowick and Kyloe St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NU 0139 LOWICK MAIN STREET
13/101 Church of St. John
Parish Church. Nave and tower 1794, Gothicized mid C19. Chancel added 1887
by F.R. Wilson. Tower and nave roughcast with ashlar dressings. Chancel
snecked rubble. Rock-faced buttresses. Lakeland slate roof.
Nave, chancel, west tower and north vestry.
Nave and tower have rusticated quoins. Tower has pointed-arched south door.
THIS CHAPEL REBUILT AN DOM 1794
REV GEORGE GOODWILL MINISTER
WILL SMITH CHAPEL GEO HALL
THO HILL WARDENS GEO SAMPLE
HENRY PENNY SELBY MORTON ARCHIT
Band above and paired lancet bell openings. C19 saddleback roof.
4-bay nave with paired lancets.
3-bay chancel with lancets. 5-light east window with Geometric tracery.
Gabled roof with flat coping.
Interior has Victorian hammer-beam roof. Nave south window with figures of
St. George and St. Constance, in style of Morris and Co. 1902. Reredos has
late C19 naturalistic carving.
Listing NGR: NU0119239649
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings