This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.5661 / 55°33'58"N
Longitude: -1.7594 / 1°45'33"W
OS Eastings: 415272
OS Northings: 630297
OS Grid: NU152302
Mapcode National: GBR J442.WJ
Mapcode Global: WHC0R.YCC9
Entry Name: Church of St Hilda
Listing Date: 26 August 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042263
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237836
Location: Adderstone with Lucker, Northumberland, NE70
Civil Parish: Adderstone with Lucker
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Lucker St Hilda
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
ADDERSTONE WITH LUCKER LUCKER
NU 13 SE
8/16 Church of St. Hilda
Parish church. Late C18, largely rebuilt 1874. Snecked stone. North wall and
part of vestry ashlar. Lakeland slate roof. Romanesque style. Nave, chancel,
south porch and vestry.
South porch has round-arched doorway with arched wood and iron gates.
3-bay nave has paired and single round-headed windows in chamfered surrounds.
Concave cornice and 2 gargoyles with beasts' heads. Large 2-light west window
with roundel over. Bellcote over east gable of nave, has 2 round-headed openings
with roundel over.
One-bay chancel with apse. Similar windows. Corbel table with vigorously-
carved beasts. Roll-moulded cornice.
Interior: West window and chancel windows are shafted, with cushion capitals
and roll-moulded arches. Tall, round chancel arch has 2 orders of columns and
multi-moulded arch with nailhead in the soffit. Open timber roof with arched
braces. Elaborate Jacobean-style pulpit of 1904 by C. Errington; also good
choirstalls and reredos of c.1900.
Listing NGR: NU1527230297
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings