This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.6041 / 55°36'14"N
Longitude: -1.699 / 1°41'56"W
OS Eastings: 419062
OS Northings: 634545
OS Grid: NU190345
Mapcode National: GBR J3KM.ZW
Mapcode Global: WHC0L.WD4M
Entry Name: Canisbay Cottage
Listing Date: 26 August 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042267
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237845
Location: Bamburgh, Northumberland, NE69
Civil Parish: Bamburgh
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Bamburgh St Aidan
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NU 13 SE
Nos. 10 and 11
2 cottages. 1894. Built for the workmen brought in by Lord Armstrong to
restore Bamburgh Castle. Wood boarding, painted dark green with white trim,
Welsh slate roof, brick chimneys. Semi-detached. Single storey, 8 bays.
1st and 5th bays project and are cross gabled with bargeboards; gable to right
has open-work timber framing. Boarded doors in 3rd and 7th bays. Windows with
small-paned upper sashes, plate glass lower sashes, (windows in No. 11 are
renewed). Hipped roof with 3 small ridge stacks and large patterned terracotta
Formerly part of a longer row; Nos. 7, 8 and 9 (Armstrong Cottages) have been
destroyed by fire.
Included for social and historical interest.
Listing NGR: NU1906234645
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings