This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.5745 / 55°34'28"N
Longitude: -2.1042 / 2°6'15"W
OS Eastings: 393525
OS Northings: 631210
OS Grid: NT935312
Mapcode National: GBR F3RZ.7J
Mapcode Global: WH9ZG.N45V
Entry Name: Outbuildings Attached to North of Coupland Castle
Listing Date: 14 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042344
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237610
Location: Ewart, Northumberland, NE71
Civil Parish: Ewart
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Kirknewton St Gregory
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NT 93 SW EWART COUPLAND
3/34 Outbuildings attached
to north of Coupland
Outbuildings, including stables, carriage houses and service accommodation.
Various dates but largely early C19 in appearance. Random rubble with tooled-
and-margined ashlar dressings. Welsh slate roof.
In 4 sections.
Left section: 2 bays on left have 6-panelled door in raised surround and 12-pane
sash; then 2 elliptical carriage arches with a further, boarded, door and 9-pane
casement to right. On 1st floor, 4 small 6-pane casements.
2nd section is projecting higher servants' accommodation. Irregular. Boarded
door with overlight and mainly 6-pane sashes.
3rd section is single-storey stables with 2 stable doors and 3 boarded doors.
Two 6-pane sash windows.
Projecting carriage house on right has 2 boarded double doors in segmental arches.
Two 8-pane Yorkshire sashes over.
Gabled roofs with many octagonal corniced chimneys.
Listing NGR: NT9352531210
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings