This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.5795 / 55°34'46"N
Longitude: -2.0508 / 2°3'3"W
OS Eastings: 396892
OS Northings: 631762
OS Grid: NT968317
Mapcode National: GBR G33X.SQ
Mapcode Global: WH9ZH.G1M0
Entry Name: The Garden House
Listing Date: 14 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042349
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237627
Location: Ewart, Northumberland, NE71
Civil Parish: Ewart
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Doddington St Mary and St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NT 93 SE EWART EWART NEWTOWN
4/51 The Garden House
House. c. 1820-30 with later alterations and additions. Painted roughcast
with ashlar dressings and Scottish and Welsh slate roofs.
Earlier 2-storey central block with later single-storey wings.
Central block 3 bays. Chamfered plinth and rusticated quoins. C20 central
door in raised surround. 12-pane sashes in raised surrounds. Later C19
moulded wood cornices with dentils and decorative brackets at corners. Hipped
roof with 2 square stone corniced stacks. Early C19 octagonal porch on left
return has flush-panelled door and flanking 8-pane sashes.
4-bay wing to right has rusticated quoins, 12-pane sashes in raised surrounds.
Chamfered ashlar cornice and gabled Welsh slate roof with kneelers and flat
coping. 2 tall corniced ridge stacks.
Similar 3-bay wing to left has no chimney.
Listing NGR: NT9689231762
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings