This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.5934 / 55°35'36"N
Longitude: -2.1754 / 2°10'31"W
OS Eastings: 389043
OS Northings: 633326
OS Grid: NT890333
Mapcode National: GBR F37R.TQ
Mapcode Global: WH9Z7.KN9V
Entry Name: Bowmont House
Listing Date: 14 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042358
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237650
Location: Kilham, Northumberland, TD12
Civil Parish: Kilham
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Kirknewton St Gregory
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NT 83 SE KILHAM BOWMONT
2/74 Bowmont House
Formerly Scottish Presbyterian church and manse, now house and pottery workshop.
1850, manse extended slightly later. Rendered with ashlar dressings and Welsh
Former church and older parts of manse all under one roof with later extension
projecting on right.
Original building: angle pilaster strips. Church one tall storey, house 2
storeys. Church has 2 large round-headed windows with intersecting glazing bars.
Manse, on right, has one 12-pane sash on ground floor and two on 1st floor.
4-panelled door with 4-pane side lights in stone porch with moulded cornice and
pent roof, in re-entrant angle between original and later building.
Projecting later wing has angle pilaster strips, 3-light window on ground floor
and 2-light above.
Original building has large hipped roof with one corniced ridge stack over manse
Later extension has hipped roof with rendered ridge stack.
On left return, 3 bays with 2 rows of 12-pane sashes.
Listing NGR: NT8904333326
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings