This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.5279 / 55°31'40"N
Longitude: -1.9043 / 1°54'15"W
OS Eastings: 406140
OS Northings: 626017
OS Grid: NU061260
Mapcode National: GBR H44J.J7
Mapcode Global: WH9ZR.QBD3
Entry Name: The Manor House
Listing Date: 21 September 1951
Last Amended: 25 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042392
English Heritage Legacy ID: 237524
Location: Chillingham, Northumberland, NE66
Civil Parish: Chillingham
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Chatton with Chillingham
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NGR 02 NE
The Manor House
(formerly listed as
House, formerly vicarage. 1828 by Sir Jeffery Wyatville. Tudor style. Irregular
plan, almost lozenge-shaped. 4-bay entrance has doorway in 2nd bay framed by
offset buttresses which rise to parapet. 2-light Tudor-arched windows under
hood moulds, those on ground floor taller, have delicate traceried glazing bars.
Tudor-arched door with plain mullioned fanlight under hoodmould with blank shield
above. Top parapet with ridged coping. Canted left corner of one bay only, also
framed by buttresses and with similar windows. Here the parapet is higher and
has a blank shield under a hoodmould. Left return similar. Rear has much older
masonry and the early Cl9 windows have been fitted in under older relieving
arches. Attached 3-storey earlier block to right. 2 gabled dormers breaking
eaves. All windows altered in variety of styles. Remains of relieving arches
over most windows.
Listing NGR: NU0614026017
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings