This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.0886 / 55°5'18"N
Longitude: -1.6624 / 1°39'44"W
OS Eastings: 421649
OS Northings: 577177
OS Grid: NZ216771
Mapcode National: GBR J9TL.XP
Mapcode Global: WHC34.FCMC
Entry Name: The Stone Bridge, 160 Metres North of Blagdon Hall
Listing Date: 28 April 1969
Last Amended: 29 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042620
English Heritage Legacy ID: 238981
Location: Stannington, Northumberland, NE13
Civil Parish: Stannington
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Stannington St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
13/73 The Stone Bridge,
160 metres north
of Blagdon Hall
28.4.69 (formerly listed as
Bridge in Garden of
Bridge with statuary. Bridge dated 1860, statues by J.C. Lough dated 1869 and
1871. Rock-faced stone with ashlar dressings; marble statues. 3 round arches
with rusticated voussoirs, with smaller arch on south for garden path. Soffits
of arches have channeled rustication. Pilasters, impost band (carrying pilasters
over central piers), moulded string below parapet broken forward round pilasters.
Lower parts of central piers have arched niches, those on east with urns and
inscriptions JOHN DONKIN, MASON and M.W.R. (Matthew White Ridley) with date.
Parapet with low gabled coping and low pyramidal caps to pilasters, swept out
at ends to piers carrying life-size classical statues.
Listing NGR: NZ2164977177
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings