This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.0921 / 55°5'31"N
Longitude: -1.6591 / 1°39'32"W
OS Eastings: 421854
OS Northings: 577571
OS Grid: NZ218775
Mapcode National: GBR J9VK.LF
Mapcode Global: WHC34.H85N
Entry Name: Cale Cross, 60 Metres North of North Lodge
Listing Date: 27 August 1952
Last Amended: 29 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042624
English Heritage Legacy ID: 238992
Location: Stannington, Northumberland, NE13
Civil Parish: Stannington
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Stannington St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
60 metres north
of North Lodge
Conduit head, 1783 by David Stephenson. Originally on The Side in Newcastle,
moved to Blagdon 1807. Ashlar. Roman Doric style. 1-storey, 3 bays. Open
round arches with archivolts and imposts at each end. Triglyph frieze, the
central part on each side broken forward with bucrania. Blocking course with
central sunk panel on north surmounted by lion couchant; tall urn finial on
each end. .
Listing NGR: NZ2185477571
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings