This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.0425 / 55°2'33"N
Longitude: -1.882 / 1°52'55"W
OS Eastings: 407637
OS Northings: 572005
OS Grid: NZ076720
Mapcode National: GBR HB94.B6
Mapcode Global: WHC37.2J26
Entry Name: Scott, Harrison, Carwick and 3 Other Headstones Against West Wall of Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 22 August 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042672
English Heritage Legacy ID: 238895
Location: Stamfordham, Northumberland, NE18
Civil Parish: Stamfordham
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Stamfordham
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
STAMFORDHAM THE GREEN
NZ 0772 (West side)
Carwick and 3 other
west wall of Church
of St. Mary
6 sandstone headstones.
1. Ellen Scott. 1809. Scrolled pedimented top and panel carved with swags
and symbols of death and eternity. Bold lettering.
2. Ann Harrison. 1730. Scrolled pedimented top.
3. Name worn. Mid C18. Scrolled pedimented top with tassels, angel, and
symbols of death.
4. John Carwick. Mid C18. Cartouche with scrolled pedimented top, scrolled
side and panel inscribed "Nigh this place lieth ye body of John Carwick barber,
5. A similar well-cut cartouche with angel's head and a shell. Inscription
6. A similar mid C18 stone with scrolled pedimented top, angel and worn
Listing NGR: NZ0763672004
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings