This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.0504 / 55°3'1"N
Longitude: -1.7427 / 1°44'33"W
OS Eastings: 416539
OS Northings: 572906
OS Grid: NZ165729
Mapcode National: GBR JB81.JC
Mapcode Global: WHC39.6BF4
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 27 August 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042720
English Heritage Legacy ID: 238812
Location: Ponteland, Northumberland, NE20
Civil Parish: Ponteland
Built-Up Area: Ponteland
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Ponteland St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
|this List entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 22/04/2016.
1, North Road
The Old Rectory
(Formerly Listed as: The Old Rectory, MAIN STREET)
Former Rectory, now private house. Early C18, heightened in the late C18.
For Merton College who were the lay rectors of Ponteland. Brick in English
Garden Wall Bond with stone plinth. Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys plus attics.
7 bays, the left 2 bays added almost immediately after the rest.
2-leaf, 6 panel door with overlight and semicircular hood, in 5th bay. 12-pane
sashes in shallow reveals with flat arches. lst floor brick band. Gabled roof
with flat coping, right end stack and 3 segment-headed dormer windows.
2-storey lean-to to rear has irregular openings with 12-pane sashes, Yorkshire
sashes and 16-pane sashes.
Interior has late C18 stair with stick balusters. 2 early C18 panelled rooms
(one in added 2-bay left section). Both have 2-panelled doors and wood cornices.
One has fireplace with bolection-moulded surround and round-headed niche with
Listing NGR: NZ1654272907
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings