This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.1677 / 55°10'3"N
Longitude: -1.6927 / 1°41'33"W
OS Eastings: 419670
OS Northings: 585978
OS Grid: NZ196859
Mapcode National: GBR J8MP.B9
Mapcode Global: WHC2Q.ZC3P
Entry Name: Collingwood House
Listing Date: 11 August 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042740
English Heritage Legacy ID: 238761
Location: Morpeth, Northumberland, NE61
Civil Parish: Morpeth
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Morpeth
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NZ 1986 and (North side)
24/272 Collingwood House
Formerly house, now Catholic Presbytery. Late C18-early C19. Brick in Flemish
bond with ashlar plinth. Lakeland slate roof. 2 storeys, 7 bays. Doorways
in 1st and 5th bays; to left a 6-panel door with fanlight in surround with
Tuscan pilaster and cornice; to right a 6-panel door with attached Tuscan
columns. Ground floor has 2-pane sashes in plain reveals with stone sills and
flat arches. Similar surrounds to 12-pane sashes on 1st floor. Gabled roof
with flat coping and end stacks. Very long, 2-storey, rear wing with irregular
openings including late C19 Gothic wood porch and round-headed stair window with
intersecting glazing bars.
Inscription of 1905 recalls occupancy by Vice Admiral Lord Collingwood who
lived here from 1791 until his death. Graded for historical interest.
Listing NGR: NZ1967085978
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings