This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.1376 / 55°8'15"N
Longitude: -1.8565 / 1°51'23"W
OS Eastings: 409247
OS Northings: 582589
OS Grid: NZ092825
Mapcode National: GBR H9G1.W4
Mapcode Global: WHC2V.G469
Entry Name: Cook, Hepple, Steel, Renwick and Crow Headstones Approx 2-8 Yards South of Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 22 August 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042817
English Heritage Legacy ID: 238543
Location: Belsay, Northumberland, NE61
Civil Parish: Belsay
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Bolam St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NZ 08 SE
4/57 Cook, Hepple, Steel,
Renwick and Crow
headstones approx 2-8
yards south of
Church of St.Andrew
Group of 6 headstones. All sandstone tablets. From right to left:-
1) Ruth Cook. 1793. Scrolled pedimented top with well-carved angel.
Inscription in finely-moulded oval panel.
2) Ruth Hepple. 1786. Scrolled pedimented top framing shell and memento mori.
3) Michael Cook. 1784. Arched top elaborately and finely carved with angel,
festoons and foliage.
4) Margaret Steel. C18. Elaborately shaped top with memento mori.
5) Paul Renwick. 1757. Arched top with angel's head.
6) John Crow. 1765. Shaped top with angel framed by curtains. Good lettering.
Listing NGR: NZ0924782589
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings