This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.1057 / 55°6'20"N
Longitude: -1.8424 / 1°50'32"W
OS Eastings: 410152
OS Northings: 579041
OS Grid: NZ101790
Mapcode National: GBR H9KD.XK
Mapcode Global: WHC2V.NXVS
Entry Name: The Old School House
Listing Date: 22 August 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042826
English Heritage Legacy ID: 238567
Location: Belsay, Northumberland, NE20
Civil Parish: Belsay
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Bolam St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
BELSAY WHALTON ROAD
NZ 17 NW
11/81 The Old School House
Formerly school and schoolmaster's house, now house. Said to be 1841, though
dated 1829 on beam inside. For Sir Charles Monck. Ashlar with Welsh slate roof.
2-storey, 2-bay arcaded front block with single-storey former schoolroom to rear.
Arcade has wide elliptical arch to left and narrow round-headed arch to right.
Within arcade is an original large tripartite, multi-paned sash window. On 1st
floor 3 Yorkshire sashes. Cross-gabled, shallow-pitched roof with small square
Right return has the narrow end arch of the arcade on the left with a wide
elliptical arch to right, now filled with C20 wood boarding and small-paned
Former schoolroom 1 tall storey with three C20 small-paned casements.
Listing NGR: NZ1015279041
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings