This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 55.1011 / 55°6'4"N
Longitude: -1.8584 / 1°51'30"W
OS Eastings: 409130
OS Northings: 578534
OS Grid: NZ091785
Mapcode National: GBR H9GG.G5
Mapcode Global: WHC31.F18Q
Entry Name: Boat House 450 Yards North-East of Belsay Hall
Listing Date: 22 August 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042846
English Heritage Legacy ID: 238515
Location: Belsay, Northumberland, NE20
Civil Parish: Belsay
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Bolam St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NZ 07 NE
10/28 Boat House approx 450
of Belsay Hall
Boat house, built for lake which was never filled and later used as summerhouse.
1820-30 by Sir Charles Monck. Dressed stone with Welsh slate roof. Single
storey, 3 bays with pointed-arched central door and similar windows, all in
raised surrounds; carpentry mainly gone.
Inside, 2 rooms - a former kitchen with large fireplace and a room with 2
pointed-arched niches flanking fireplace.
Hipped roof with end stacks.
Listing NGR: NZ0913078534
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings