This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.9135 / 54°54'48"N
Longitude: -2.2698 / 2°16'11"W
OS Eastings: 382800
OS Northings: 557680
OS Grid: NY828576
Mapcode National: GBR DCLM.DF
Mapcode Global: WHB2H.3RDL
Entry Name: Former Chapel on West Side of Green
Listing Date: 23 August 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1042975
English Heritage Legacy ID: 240178
Location: Allendale, Northumberland, NE47
Civil Parish: Allendale
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: Allendale St Cuthbert
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NY 85 NW ALLENDALE CATTON
9/58 Former Chapel on west
side of green
Chapel, now house, dated 1870. Rubble with tooled and margined rusticated
ashlar quoins and dressings; slate roof with 2 C20 roof lights, coped gables
with moulded kneelers, small stone stack on left gable. Finial on right
gable. 1 tall storey, 5 bays. Central gabled porch, reduced in height C20,
has window with intersecting glazing bars under pointed arch and is flanked
by pairs of taller 12-pane sashes of similar form in rusticated surrounds.
C20 door in right return of porch. Stone inscribed 'WESLEYAN CHAPEL' with
date now set against wall to left of porch, along with removed gable finials.
Listing NGR: NY8280057680
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings