This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 54.9813 / 54°58'52"N
Longitude: -2.075 / 2°4'30"W
OS Eastings: 395294
OS Northings: 565185
OS Grid: NY952651
Mapcode National: GBR FBYV.K5
Mapcode Global: WHB2D.3244
Entry Name: Bank Foot Farmhouse
Listing Date: 24 May 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1043008
English Heritage Legacy ID: 240046
Location: Sandhoe, Northumberland, NE46
Civil Parish: Sandhoe
Traditional County: Northumberland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northumberland
Church of England Parish: St John Lee
Church of England Diocese: Newcastle
NY 96 NE
5/287 Bank Foot Farmhouse
House, formerly Inn. Late C17, with early C19 rear wing. Squared rubble with
roughly-cut quoins and dressings; Welsh slate roof, originally thatch, with old
brick stacks. 2 storeys, 2+1+2 bays. 3 steps up to flush-panelled door in
raised moulded surround with sundial above. 4-pane sash windows in older
openings with tooled lintels, the upper with slightly-projecting sills. Steeply-
pitched roof with raised reverse-stepped coping to gables and a pair of banded
and corniced stacks at each end; 2 gabled roof dormers of c.1920, with 4-pane
Each return shows attic window in old stone surround. Rear elevation shows 2
single-light windows in chamfered surrounds, above outshut roof; gabled wing to
left has renewed 12-pane sash on left return.
Interior: closed-string dogleg stair with turned balusters, fluted square
newel with urn finial at foot, and moulded ramped handrail. 2-panel doors.
Cellars, the western with inserted segmental brick vault and earlier stone
corbels for fireplace above.
Listing NGR: NY9529465185
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings