This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8425 / 50°50'32"N
Longitude: 0.1431 / 0°8'35"E
OS Eastings: 550983
OS Northings: 106962
OS Grid: TQ509069
Mapcode National: GBR LRZ.10K
Mapcode Global: FRA C65W.5KX
Entry Name: The Parish Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 30 August 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1043094
English Heritage Legacy ID: 295548
Location: Selmeston, Wealden, East Sussex, BN26
County: East Sussex
Civil Parish: Selmeston
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Selmeston St Mary with Alciston
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
SELMESTON The Parish Church of
1. St Mary
TQ 50 NW 17/153 30.8.66
Built of flint with tiled roofs. Chancel with south chapel and nave with
south aisle. Bell turret. The medieval church was largely rebuilt on the
old foundations by Ewan Christian in 1865-7, when the south chapel was added.
C14 style. The nave consists of 2 wooden octagonal pillars on stone bases,
as it did in the old church. Chancel has late Perpendicular Easter Sepulchre.
Listing NGR: TQ5098306962
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings