History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Ebenezer Paricular Baptist Chapel

A Grade II Listed Building in Hastings, East Sussex

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.8585 / 50°51'30"N

Longitude: 0.5962 / 0°35'46"E

OS Eastings: 582813

OS Northings: 109765

OS Grid: TQ828097

Mapcode National: GBR QYP.1K0

Mapcode Global: FRA D64T.VF2

Entry Name: Ebenezer Paricular Baptist Chapel

Listing Date: 19 January 1951

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1043527

English Heritage Legacy ID: 293813

Location: Hastings, East Sussex, TN34

County: East Sussex

District: Hastings

Town: Hastings

District Council Ward: Old Hastings

Traditional County: Sussex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex

Church of England Parish: Hastings St Clement and All Saints

Church of England Diocese: Chichester

Find accommodation in
Hastings

Listing Text

EBENEZER ROAD
1.
5204
Ebenezer Particular
Baptist Chapel
TQ 8209 NE 8/229 19.1.51.
II
2.
Dated 1817 in the pediment. Stuccoed front to brick building. Pilasters of quoins
flanking the front with pediment over. 2 storeys of 3 sash windows with glazing
bars intact. String course over ground floor continued over windows in the form
of rusticated arches. Cornice over 1st floor with round-headed arch of windows
and keystone in this, the centre arch and cornice above it carried up higher to
form a centre piece. In the tympanum of the pediment a circular panel containing
the date and with 4 keystones. Doorway with rusticated pilasters, projecting cornice,
parapet, segmental tympanum and double doors of 6 fielded panels. Rear facing
Tackleway - red brick with yellow stock dressings, pedimented, with 3 round-headed
windows. Slated roof. First service held 1817.


Listing NGR: TQ8281309765

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.