This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7721 / 50°46'19"N
Longitude: 0.2697 / 0°16'10"E
OS Eastings: 560136
OS Northings: 99404
OS Grid: TV601994
Mapcode National: GBR MV7.H0P
Mapcode Global: FRA C7G1.LWF
Entry Name: 33 The Goffs
Listing Date: 27 May 1949
Last Amended: 17 May 1971
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1043676
English Heritage Legacy ID: 293562
Location: Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21
County: East Sussex
District Council Ward: Upperton
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex
Church of England Parish: Eastbourne St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
TV 6099 SW
(Formerly listed as The Old Manor House)
This house was originally called Gildredge Manor House, and is now flats.
A medieval house existed on this site and some of the existing interior
probably dates from the C16, but has been much altered in the C17 and C18.
It is built in 2 parallel blocks, north and south, with a small wing
projecting north at the east end of the north block. 2 storeys. Refronted
with roughcast. The north block has a hipped red tiled roof, the south
block a hipped slate roof. Some casement windows, some sash windows.
Porch in west front with stone doorway with obtusely pointed arch.
Listing NGR: TV6013699404
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings